beckoning

Friday, August 16, 2013

Amazing How Life Changes.

It is amazing how my life has changed in one year. I feel like a whole new person. I have walked through a lot of stuff this past year. I had my ups and my downs. I let the blog go for a spell to focus on me. But it has all been good.

Peaceful.




I have been getting out hiking more and more. Oh how I missed hiking. And let's just say....after years of not being able to be as active as I wish.... we are out of shape!! I have been to a few different places exploring God's creation. I have many more on my list that I plan to enjoy. I love land that is hardly touched by man...the clam that hangs in the air, the peace that surrounds you. It feels like freedom to me. Perfect in all ways.

Beautiful!








Bowling
I have also gotten to enjoy so much with my little man. Z and I have been able to go to the park and camp out in the yard. We have enjoyed fires in the fire pit. We have hiked a bit together. He loves to explore the woods now that he is getting older. It reminds me of when I was young. He is sucking everything up in his little brain and
becoming a wealth of knowledge. It is amazing  to watch his little mind at work. We have also been able to go bowling about once a week through the summer weeks. And because I am such a good mom... on one of our outdoor outings, I made him take his shoes off and dip his toes in a little creek. Mind you, there was a lot of protest, but every child needs to know what it is like to walk in fresh water!
Get those feet wet!


Fishing OC
Back in June, I attempted to fish at the shore for the first time....well lets just say the sea gulls were great entertainment! There were seven of us along the shore line fishing and of the seven of us, one gentleman caught a skate. The rest of us, well, we just seemed to be feeding the invisible fish that we could feel and see making our rods bounce, but they just wouldn't take the hook with the bait. My friend E did almost hook a sea gull though. That was a little humoring watching it grab the line and dive into the water to get free. And just for the record, it did get free and was uninjured. It was a beautiful June day. It was windy and cold (hence the crazy hair and hoodie!).

And as if this isn't enough excitement to post at one time, I also started to play my bass guitar again. I have greatly missed this part of my life... just like I have missed so much of everything else! There is an amazing band that has asked me to play as needed and I have been blessed by them. It has been a bit of a learning experience for me as well! Learning new music, learning to play their style. I've also learned that when you are playing outdoor gigs... even with a good sound check.... you can hardly hear once you start to play!
July 4th gig.
A lot has changed. I am happy and content with life. I am ready to move on to the next phase of my life. I am excited to see how it will unfold and who will be apart of it. God is good, He has watched out for me and He continues to guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment