beckoning

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Joy?

What happen to Christmas Joy this year? I love Christmas time. Like really love Christmas time! I sing songs all year long. I put up my tree the beginning of November and take it down end of January or February. I love to look at the decorations in peoples front yards. Yeah, love Christmas.

But this year has been different. Where is the joy? The trees up, presents are wrapped and under it, decorations are up. But where is the joy? It doesn't feel like Christmas. With the celebration only days away, why can't I get myself into the spirit?

This is something I seriously pondered. It's not like me. Then I realized, I did all my shopping online, I haven't taken my son out to see the sights (we usually go at least once a week to drive around), and simply my life has been going through so many changes this year.

I need to feel the joy, I need to feel the happiness, I need to feel Christmas. Yeah sounds funny, but if you knew me! So, I called up a friend and we drove around and around looking at displays. Then, on Saturday we went to Long Wood Gardens. I have wanted to see their Christmas display for years. It was an amazing day. We listened to Christmas music the whole ride and then the lights, the outdoors, and the green houses and all those flowers and displays... I found it. I found the joy. I had three amazing people with me and I love them all so much, I am so grateful for them. I'm ready for Christmas, I'm excited now. Tomorrow night I'm taking my baby out to see displays and we are going to enjoy ourselves.

 It's Christmas time! Time for love, laughter. Time for family and friends. Time for lights, smells and sounds. Time for Jesus! Time for joy.

Long Wood Gardens:
Pictures aren't the best, but if you are able to visit one of these years, you should!
Stunning.

This room smelled so amazing!
The trees were beautiful.


Water fountain was amazing without water!

Simply a splendid time.

No comments:

Post a Comment