beckoning

Monday, December 31, 2012

Not More of THAT Stuff.

Two days ago we had more snow. About 3 inches this time. The chickens stayed out until it started to lay and made their way indoors.

Yesterday, when I opened them up, they were still not impressed. A couple stepped outside the door and turned around and went right back in. They didn't bother coming near the door the rest of the day. I, however, still went up and checked on them... and learned there was a nice ice patch at the door. Yep, it took my feet right out from under me, tossing the feed lid through the door and freaking out a coop full of chickens!

Today, well today was a different story. I guess two days cooped up and they were ready to venture into the white unknown. I was kind enough to shovel the little snow drift at the door so they had less to walk in at first. But after a few minutes they got over themselves and wondered around....well most of them did. And Big Boy, well he crowed for about 20 minutes straight. Guess he had a few extra words to get out after being cooped up with the girls for two days!

On the other side of the fence, Z had fun sledding and the dogs were crazy over ice chips and sled chasing! Smiles all around this morning!

The Brave

The Unsure

The Hold Outs

Hehe, Chicken Prints!
My Man
The Chicken Guard


The Sled Chaser






The Ice Chomper
































This Blog is connected to:
Homestead Barn Hop 93
Winter on the Homeacre Hop
Backyard Farming Connection Hop 14

1 comment:

  1. So cute :) My chickens won't go out in the snow. I would love to have you share this tomorrow on the Winter on the HomeAcre Hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/01/winter-on-the-homeacre-hop.html

    ReplyDelete