beckoning

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Be Still, Oh My Heart.

I’ll be the first to admit that the single life is not always an easy life. Living with my parents is not always easy. Being a mom is not always easy. Life is not always easy.

On the flip, I couldn’t imagine not having my amazing son in my life. I could not imagine making it with out the help of my parents. And being single, again, has taught me to trust God in a different way.

 Anybody, who is a parent, knows that your child captures a place in your heart that brings knowledge and understanding to the sayings of he stole my heart, would swim the ocean for you, would take a bullet for you, and so on. My little love kept me strong and focused in a time when I felt my health and life failing. I wouldn’t trade him for cattle on a thousand hills…. besides my Daddy owns those cattle and hills!

 I adore my parents. I have a great relationship with both of my parents. And, I hate to admit it, but I need the affordable rent my parents have asked of me. But, all that doesn’t mean life is easy as an adult living under your parents’ roof. There are days when we have different opinions. We butt heads from time to time. In the end, I love them, I’m grateful for them, I need them and I want them in my life.

 Being single has shown me the good and the bad sides of things. I have learned that I can do it. I can stretch $400 like it is nobodies business! I can manage a child and life on my own. I can be strong, independent, happy and content. It also means that I do have to tackle things on my own. There are days that I wish someone could just hug me, hold me. Not in a sensual way, but simply in a supportive way. There are days that are so hard and you want to just cry or scream or whatever to let some stress and frustration out. It is those days that I wish I had someone to talk to, someone to tell me I’m doing a good job.

There is good and bad in every situation of life. And while there are days you couldn’t feel more alone, you are never alone. I have seen God show up in unique ways, loud ways, quiet ways, funny ways, and simple ways. There are days where I don’t want to settle for the unknown and unseen. But there are also days when I have peace that only He can give.
Let your heart take flight.
This post is linked to:
Growing In Grace
Wise Woman Linkup
Modest Mom Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment