beckoning

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Eggs, Eggs, Eggs!

Our girls are doing great popping out eggs. We get at least 7 eggs a day and up to 9 on a good day. However, one of our girls missed a memo.... they should have yokes in them!
They are more like bouncy balls then eggs!
Two of her eggs are about the same size as one of the other eggs. But, as you can see with the dark one on the end, they are starting to get big and nice. I'm so proud of my girls. And I can say I love saving money not having to buy eggs every week anymore. My girls have meet our needs wonderfully.

And on an up note, we haven't gotten any tiny eggs in the last two weeks and every egg since has had a yoke on the inside.

What causes them to lay yoke-less eggs?

This Blog is connected to-
Homesteader Blog Carnival 27
Homestead Barn Hop 81

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what causes it, but hooray for not having to separate the yolk and the white when only using whites!!!

    ReplyDelete