beckoning

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Don’t Break the Ice



I think one of the best things about being a parent is teaching our little loves the things we did as kids. We got Z the game Don’t Break the Ice.  I remember playing this with my brothers when we were little. Simple game, yet so much fun.

A couple times recently I have been caught saying I wish my great grandparents could teach me how they did this. I learn best by having someone walk me through it. I’m managing to get by with reading and adapting, but if only they could teach me.  Of course this can no longer happen as the last of my great grandparents died six years ago.

So, all that said, take time in the day to teach your kids the things you know. It used to be that the children would learn their parents’ skills and take up the business when the parents were old. Now a days it seems that most kids can’t wait to get away from their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment