beckoning

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fresh Start

This post is linked to the Homestead Barn Hop #61.
A fresh start. That's what we need. Do you ever get stuck in the flow of the same old same old? How about those dreams for tomorrow? Sometimes they feel like they will only ever be a dream.  What exactly can one do about it? Well, has not life been given to us? Ah, yes it has! So why not live it to the fullest; that is what I shall do!

You may ask what is the first step to taking hold of you life? It depends who you are and where you are in life. For us, it was simple.....down grade. Down grade?!? In society these days that is a word that is frowned upon. But, to me it feels like a breath of fresh air.

Ok, so we established the first step, but what does this step look like? Well, for us this step looked like this:

Isn't she beautiful? Home sweet home!



Well there is a bit of a story to this little home. I have had a great fascination for the tiny homes. But couldn't see how it was practical with a 4 year old son and a boxer dog. But this, this is my tiny home. Actually she's roomier than the picture shows. Anyways, our place sold and we were on our way to relocate 4 hours from the town that had been home for the last 21 years of my life. But, a few snags along the way and we are still in the process of moving. Instead of getting an apartment, we went for the RV. When we finally move and start to build the dream homestead, we will be able to live in our own place still. Not to mention how much cheaper it is to have an RV then an apartment!

Through the steps of changes our lives have been taking there is no doubt that God is leading the way. And although I would have never guessed my life would be where it is now, I am learning to embrace..... and even fall in love with it! Five years ago I would have laughed at you if you had said chickens, rabbits, goats, and a RV were in my future! This is the beginning of my journey and I'd love for you to join me along the way! Together we can master animals, gardens, families, making things, Jesus and simply having bliss in life!

2 comments:

  1. It is SO awesome how similar our stories, dreams & goals are! I am so excited for you and your family!! Isn't it great?? And I am THRILLED that you have decided to blog about it!

    Blessings to you, my new home sweet camper blog buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! This is so great; and I totally get the looks people give when you say "I live in a camper"! With the adventure life has been, this blog should be a fun ride. And it is so nice to have contact with someone else who understands life in a home sweet camper!

      Delete